Friday, March 27, 2009

CHING MING!

For Chinese, CHING MING is around the corner... It's a day for the Chinese to pay their loved ones who have passed away a visit to show respect. It's a day where family members and friends could gather too. It's a day where we talk about the past (history) about someone who have passed away.

To many people especially youth, it may be a waste of time to spend hours at a cemetery. Well, I strongly urge those who think that way to change their way of thinking quickly. It shows that you are not an appreciative person. It's about the wonderful memories that count. By just taking a few hours out of 365days is nothing too much to ask for, in fact it's our responsibility to do so.

Well, it's sharing time now... CHING MING is a meaningful day for me and my fellow cousins. We are very excited about it. It's nice to gather with our family members at grandpa house and then depart to visit our beloved ones who passed away to show we appreciate and remember them. We appreciate them for example my great grandparents for their contribution in taking good care towards my grandparents and parents.

As we pay our respect... my grandfather and dad would share with us about stories of the past and how great and wonderful they are (loved ones who have passed away). I am touched by some of the stories.

I hope my dear friends of mine would understand my sharing's and practice it wholeheartedly. It's our responsibility. Deep inside our heart, we knew we should be doing that.

So let us do it together!